There is something so satisfying about making pasta from scratch. Yes, it may take a little bit longer to make then store bought pasta, the satisfying feeling of rolling out homemade pasta dough is the so rewarding when you enjoy the first bite of this recipe. This recipe for Matcha Pasta includes our Healthy Crunch Matcha Instant Latte. With a slight taste of Matcha, this recipe is a great gluten-free option for those looking for homemade pasta that is vegan and grain-free. Plus the added chickpea flour in this recipe, adds extra protein so you will be good about eating pasta again. Happy Crunching!
2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
6 tablespoons warm water
1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tbsp Healthy Crunch Matcha Latte powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix the flax meal and warm water into a small bowl and set aside for at least 5 minutes to form a "flax egg" that will be a replacement for a realgar "egg" to bind all ingredients.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, tapioca flour, salt and Healthy Crunch Matcha Instant Latte Powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the flaxseed mixture. Stir until large crumbles form, then add the oil and knead with your hands until the dough comes together and can be formed into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 mins.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Dust a large surface, your hands and a rolling pin with chickpea flour, and roll the dough out until very thin sheet of pasta.
- Slice into long strips to your desired shape of pasta.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook for 1-3 mins or until al dente.
- Drain and serve hot with your favourite pasta sauce. Happy Crunching!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag @healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.